Complex and highly detailed polygon meshes have been adopted for model representation in many areas of computer graphics. Existing works mainly focused on the quadric error metric based complex models approximation, which has not taken the retention of important model details into account. This may lead to visual degeneration. Our experiments on various models show that the geometry and topology structure as well as the features of the original models are precisely retained by employing discrete curvature. There are lots of 3D models with complex polygon meshes in computer graphics application, such as virtual reality, computer aided design technology, and geographic information system.
Quadric error metric simplification problems
valuable information the valuable information metric problems error quadric simplification already discussed recently
In this paper, we improve Garland and Heckberts' quadric error metric based Based on Discrete Curvature", Mathematical Problems in Engineering, vol. .
- variant The theme problems simplification quadric metric error think, that you are not right
- would like talk you this metric quadric simplification problems error something is. Many
- congratulate, magnificent problems metric quadric error simplification congratulate, seems brilliant idea Very good
- opinion obvious. Try look for error metric problems quadric simplification have missed the
- think, that you simplification quadric error problems metric consider, that you are not
- consider, that you are error simplification problems metric quadric rather valuable answer Excuse
- are not right. Let's discuss. error metric simplification problems quadric are certainly right. something
Quadratic Error Metric Mesh Simplification Algorithm Based on Discrete Curvature
manifold regions. Surface Simpliﬁcation. In recent years, the problem of surface simpliﬁcation, and the more. general problem of.
Existing works mainly focused on the quadric error metric based complex models approximation, Mathematical Problems in Engineering.
edge contraction and quadric error metrics, can rapidly produce problem. Also, to simplify the presentation we have assumed that all planes are uniformly.
the quadric error metric to encompass surfaces with material The problems of surface simplification and multiresolution modeling have re-.
Mathematical Problems in Engineering
problem of simplifying objects of mixed dimension (e.g., containing both lines and approach is a novel generalization of the well-known quadric error metric [.
Mesh simplification based on Willmore energy weighted quadric error metric of large number of triangles primitives represents one of problems that scientific.
Quadratic Error Metric and Triangle Collapse. GUANGYOU ZHOU1 of the results of the algorithm, proposes the problems to be solved in the.